- Try out mental relaxation techniques – To enjoy a more focused, fulfilling workout, it’s important to gain control over your mind and let go of all passing thoughts. A mind buzzing with a million thoughts will slow you down and distract you. On the other hand, beginning your mornings with mental relaxation techniques such as meditation or deep breathing can help you calm your mind and sharpen your focus.
- Inculcate the habit To be consistent, you will have to make a habit of following your fitness routine. This is crucial for beginners, as any laxity in doing so leads to a broken, erratic pattern, and consequent disillusionment.
- Set small, achievable targets For people who are trying to lose weight or dramatically improve their body shapes or get rid of a chronic illness at the earliest, it’s highly important to set small, realistic, and achievable goals at first. If you don’t do that, you could be bogged down by the mammoth task ahead and lose steam.
- Reward yourself Congratulate yourself when you meet a target or start feeling fitter and healthier. In fact, you can do it every day after successfully completing your workout.
- Blend together fitness and lifestyle Besides a specially planned workout, there are several other ways to integrate fitness into your life. Instead of taking out the car, walk or cycle to office, play outdoor games with your kids, ditch the elevator for the stairs We keep reading about the importance of staying fit and how various workouts and exercises can take us closer to our dream. But how often do we pause and think about the role that our mind plays in deter mining the success and efficiency of our fitness programmes?
To realise the full potential of our workout, we have to start training the mind, as well as the body. We need to boost our thoughts by learning to relax, taking a practical view of our capabilities and limitations, and adjusting our life around it. Here are 5 mental hacks that can help you stay on top of the game and reap the maximum advantage from your daily outing.